Translate

Friday 22 February 2019

Thoughts - New Estate/Heavenly Home

This is my first thoughts post and may come across as me rambling on about events that have irritated me. but I hope that these posts will help me reflect on each situation as they occur. It is important that we reflect regularly and is one of the reasons I set up this blog.

My thoughts this week have been rather dominated by some rather concerning news that planning permission is being sought to build 130 houses, creating a new estate directly behind where we live.

Lance and I do face a big challenge as Christians to act in a holy way over this matter and pray that we do remain calm and patient when campaigning against this proposal. We know that God's will, will be done and as my verse of the week is Romans 8:28 we know that we cannot come to harm over this. I also read an article this morning that quoted James 1:2-3 which reminded me how we should behave in difficult times.



Being a sinner this is easier said than done and I find my emotions getting the better of me far more than I should, however we must take our burdens to God and not try to handle them in our own sinful way.

Lance and I have lived in our house for almost 27 years and have been wonderfully blessed with an excellent location that has fields,orchards,paddocks one side and a small town with a train station the other. Despite not having any reformed churches in our local area we have never wanted to move due to being in such a prime location with all the amenities and green land we need. The council in the past have implied the land behind us would not be built upon. There was a proposal a few years ago to build on the other side of the main road to us, but this got declined. Two years ago a new build started south-east of our back garden but was still further up the road. However, this has been a very noisy build and despite being a 5 minute drive away we hear the noise of it all the time.



The proposed development is to the left. You can see how narrow this road is.
 
No-one ever wants new builds in their immediate vicinity. I understand new builds are inevitable due to the government objectives to build a certain amount of affordable housing; however it certainly feels like the South-East of England is becoming like one giant concrete jungle with less and less green space.So much of the flora and fauna has been destroyed due to man's selfishness and need for bigger and better and I believe has led to a more materialistic society that has pushed God out. It is a symbol of our times that people's standards and consideration of others has declined considerably.

As Christians we are merely passing through this life and can be reassured that our heavenly home will be eternal. Our Lord has already set Heaven and the New Earth up to be perfect for us and we do not need to worry or be concerned, but our worldly minds find this hard to remember at times.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment